Comparison of 1 Day Scotland Tours
The Best Bus and Coach Day Tours in Scotland
One day tours are the most popular way for tourists to sample different Scottish regions while on holiday in Scotland. Whether you want to see the Scottish Highlands, the Borders, the Trossachs or Fife, there will almost certainly be a tour company that has have a 1 day tour that caters to your needs. There are several reasons why day trips and tours in Scotland are so popular:
- Cheap - Because you return on the same day, you don't pay for overnight accommodation making the tour price more affordable. Day tour prices range between £25 and £45, depending on season, company and vehicle. It also means you don't have to change your existing accommodation arrangements which may be the case with other tours lasting several days.
- Depart from Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness - Most people fly to Scotland and many choose Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness as their base. Most Scottish bus and coach tour operators run tours from these three cities (particularly from Edinburgh) which make day trips particularly convenient.
- Ideal for short breaks - Scotland is, without a doubt, best suited for longer holidays because you simply cannot take in its scenery and beauty on a short bus tour. The one day Scottish tours, however, are ideal for those who cannot stay in Scotland for more than a few days. They offer you a chance to sample what Scotland has to offer and for many people, it is enough to make them want to return for a longer holiday.
- Hassle-free - You get on the bus and the tour guide does the rest. You just sit back and enjoy the views, the stories and the music played on the bus or coach. Most drivers/tour guides are very knowledgeable, entertaining and accommodating. They also try their best to show you hidden spots off the beaten path which Scotland has plenty of.
With most Scottish tour companies, the day trips fall into three major categories:
Types of One Day Tours offered by Scottish Tour Operators
|Day Tours of Scottish Highlands||Day Tours of Kingdom of Fife||Day Tours of Scottish Borders|
While most tour companies organise sightseeing trips in these particular regions, there are several companies which organise specialty day tours including:
- Highland Games Day Tours - Day trips to experience the traditional Highland Games taking place on the summer weekends in villages and towns across the Scottish Highlands. Special Highland Games day trips include the Royal Braemar Gathering which is the only Highland gathering attended regularly by at least one member of the British Royal Family.
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo Day Tours - Day trips to Edinburgh to experience the world famous Edinburgh Military Tattoo taking place on the Castle Esplanade in Scotland's Capital.
Day Tours from other places in Scotland
While most day tours depart and return to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness, there are many smaller tour companies and private tour guides operating half-day and day tours from many other Scottish places like Fort William, Oban, Dundee, Aberdeen, etc. While not as practical if your holiday base is elsewhere, compared to the day tours originating in the first three places, the trips from these smaller places have the benefit of being more varied and of including more places off the beaten track. Some of these can be more beautiful than some of the tourist traps like Loch Ness, for example.
Copyright © 2002-2010 Flavour of Scotland
Travel information guide and pictures of Scotland scenery.
Marketing and design by Mardiros Internet Marketing